Monday, June 15, 2009

Just dance, You know what to do!

So when something comes up that’s just too hard to digest, I dance.
So when I can’t wrap my head around a whole in the dark, I dance.
So when everything seems to come crashing down around me, I dance.

I can find solace in the movements of my body.
If I can’t be sure of the movements of the world, I can be sure of the flexions in my toes.

I create comfort in the winging of my limbs.
If nothing else resonates with the tune of my world, I dance to that song and make it my own personal symphony.

I leap in the face of struggle.
I swivel in the snare of conflict.
I stomp on doubt and pivot on worry.
I bend insecurity in half.

I dance with what I know.
I boogie with my blues and foxtrot with my fears.
I dip and turn and promenade my resistance until it becomes my strong hold and I find my footing once again.

No comments: