Wednesday, June 17, 2009

As the sky burned. I danced.

The sky burned
Lit by the setting sun, it glowed red, and yellow and orange
The heavy, dark rain clouds tumbled over one another as the rays of pink shot out in all directions
Elated, I walked on air
With the sheer joy of dancing, I floated
As the embers in the sky blazed, so did my being
My body hummed with energy
Every cell buzzed with excitement and joie de vivre

For the moment, all worry gone
For the time being, all doubts banished
For this instant, only joy

I encourage, go out and find that one piece that make you feel like a million bucks
I suggest, doing the thing that makes you most happy
I encourage dancing because, unless you REALLY hate it, it WILL serve to fulfill you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest daughter,

Some folks your age engage in extreme sports. It is my opinion that you engage in extreme relationship as an expression of your vivid emotional life. I delight in that intensity, even though it scares me sometimes.

I see you diving right into the reality of FEELING, without holding back. I know that gets you into "trouble" sometimes, but you're learning to find your way.

My greatest wish for you is to embrace all that life has to offer you and to see the "gift" that each relationship is, truly.