Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday January 15 Day 1 On the Rim

Finally, finally, finally! Two hours to the Grand Canyon, one pee break, one detour for gas, and one Alan hamburger later (of course it was only 8:52 in the morning), we arrive. I am antsy and ready to get moving! But before we descend, we must see for our selves…
We are led, eyes closed, senses alert, inching forward to what anticipation could not touch.
“Breath deep,” came Jakob’s voice, “listen to your heart, feel with your skin, breath in, breath out, now, open your eyes.”
My eyes slowly opened. I thought I knew what to expect, but what met my gaze brought unexpected tears to my eyes. How could I possibly be touched this deep? The magic it held this time, was not ego driven – it was real, is real, It is right here, right now, those everyday miracles.















Last week was an excerpt from a daily journal I kept while in the wilderness for three weeks. I decided to start at the beginning, so enjoy this piece, and stay tuned for more updates on the past month!

No comments: