Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 12 January 26 Tuesday Re-supply Base Camp

Today, hot and dry. At Don's Camp with the three other groups. God it feels good to be warm! 
Yesterday we climbed Mount Everest – not really, but that what is feels like… still. Jakob and Alwyne once again proved their worth as the world’s best leaders. Tunneling through waist deep snow that topped six feet in some places – I felt useless! Freezing my ass off as they got us through – All I could do was keep myself warm, and keep my mouth shut. They were the heroes in my mind. I was merely holding space for them to get us UP and OUT. There was no doubt in my mind that they would deliver us safely from that snowy precipice. We would ascend that day, one way or another. I guess trusting counts for something…
Now, back in the desert, Saguaro cactus line the horizon and the sun beats down upon my bare shoulders – I wonder, was that real? The second largest storm to hit Arizona since 1969, and we were IN IT! “It feels great to feel alive!” Shouts Alwyne as she plows through yet another bank of snow. Yes indeed, it feels great to feel alive! 

No comments: