Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In Celebration - We Cook

I fried Panir for two and a half hours today
My face is washed, but the smell of grease still lingers in my hair
The smell of garlic on my fingertips
Cumin hangs on my breath
Naan
Saag
Date Chutney
Tomato Chilly
Pistachios
Lentil Curry
Coconut
Rice Pudding
Jelebees for Dessert
Raise your hands and sing, “Om Shanty Om!”
Spices fill my soul
Music dances across my hips
Ghee paints the stove
Oozing from my pores
Butter in abundance
The scent of food still suspended in the kitchen
Sweet Tulsi tea, we sip until midnight
As we move from sitting, to standing, to lying fully down
Drinking in the night air
The face of the full moon, watches as we glide into bed
Giddy with pleasure and too much stimulation

1 comment:

Deidre said...

mmm, love Indian food, but the smell does stick around for ever doesn't it?

Came here through 20sb.