Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I simply cannot help it!

Spontaneous dancing in the street
Cartwheels through the intersection
Feet tappin’ in the gutter

I simply cannot help myself
Hands raised high,
Waving at the clouds

Dancin’ top the pavement
Weaving through the trash cans as they set the stage
I just cannot be still

My lungs fill with air
Expanding and contracting with that winter flavor
Breathing in the aroma of each house as I pass it by

Roast beef
Laundry detergent
Motor oil

They too become part of my dance
Skipping through the gravel,
Hopping on the curb,

Twirling with my eyes wide shut
Heart lifted,
Head thrown back,

It’s a one of a kind jamboree
For the likes of me
And what does your dance look like






1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a very visual piece. Great Work. I love how you get a sense of how much you love dance. Much Love- Merry Christmas.

J.D.
www.writerontheverge.com