Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15th

I entered a whole new world two days ago. Being exposed to the realm of night drivers; semi’s taking the long haul and weekenders driving god knows where at eleven-thirty in those fascinating hours of darkness. I also had a run in with singing watermelons and talking plans, on account of my dear mother’s keen abilities to “listen.” Which I am learning but still obviously, extremely inept. Accompanied by a splendid douse of lake water dolled out by my beloved father with the ore of a rowboat. Fun with the family in the sun topped off with our favorite rambunctious dog, Rio, who quickly concurred his fear of paddleboats. We can all learn from him, for one human year is equal to seven dog years. Imagine if your life went by that fast. Take what you got and run with it, cherish, and be thankful for every moment you are alive and well.

No comments: