Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday

I could ride for hours on the scooter if my butt didn't cramp up and my hip flexers didn't become my arch nemesis. We rode South this morning to a beach near Manallapuleram. I saw the city in fast forward with the wind in my face and the smell of the ocean in my nose.

Relaxing in a hammock beneath huge shade trees and sipping coconut milk, watching as children and adults alike play in the waves... along comes a herd of goats; Hmmm, afterall it IS still India (just in case I forgot).

Breakfast for $1.50. Let me just say that's it's a thousdand times better than Denny's and really can't compare except price wise...

Beer at 10:30AM becasue that's the way we roll when we're on vacation. Tomorrow I will head to Tiruvannamalai and continue this doscovery of self and selflessness.

As we rode home this afternoon, I witnessed my first bicycle/scooter crash. Not three feet from the front of our scooter a man hit a boy on a bike. No one was seriously hurt, and the first thought out of my head was, "Am I hurt?" No of course not, I was fine, but my body experienced exactly what the boy's did, shock, then fear, then pain. I realized in that instant how connected we are as human beings; being as one, just as the other is ourselves.

Okay, okay, I'll stop preaching, but ceriously, it was wierd.

For all of you in America getting snow, I'm missing it just slightly... actually, no, that's a lie. I'll take 80 degree heat with humidity any day! So long, fare well, my skin is glistening with sweat and my hair makes quite the mohawk with sand and sea water!

Ciao for now!

No comments: