Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 20 Wednesday February 3

Day 3 of solo
Glitter on the eyes
Weaving Agave strands into my hair
Becoming part of Nature
A charcoal swirl around my ankle
Adorned in Her jewelry
Threads of Yucca around my wrist
Tiny twigs and leaves placed delicately
Tidbits of Nature hug my body
And I am reminded of the beauty of it all
I shall braid myself a wreath of flowers
To crown myself one of Nature’s dwellers
Linking chain after chain, it become a circle
No hard edges
No beginning and no end
Merely unified by being, round and round and round

There’s something about coming home after a long journey – comforting, refreshing, nurturing.
I can’t wait to be back in the land of familiarity – the trick will be to maintain this feeling of serenity while going through the motions of every-day life.

Destruction and Rebirth.
How easy it is to pack up and leave
And how slowly we become adjusted
To our new surroundings.
It takes patience and understanding
To get to know new things
But how readily we can pick up and go
Destruction and Rebirth.
I am born again after a time of solitude.
Thank you Mother Nature, for all that you have given me
Thank you Mother Nature, for all that we have shared.
I hope I have been a good student
To your teachings
I will carry your heart here, in mine.
Thank you Mother Nature, for all that you have given me
Thank you Mother Nature, for all that we have shared
I am carrying your heart with me, I am leaving a piece of mine here. 

No comments: