Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 19 Tuesday February 2, 2010

Day 2 of Solo
Waking early – the moon still bright – the blue dawn barely creeping over the ridge – I can see the pink glow of lights from the city – I am still alone – how glorious – chilly this morning – I can hear voices – rocks knocking together – was the my water kearn I wonder…?

I can feel the day begin
I can see the sun rise – I can feel the rays on my face
I can hear the birds start to sing – I can feel their song in the air
I can smell the morning dew – I can feel the wet on my finger tips
I can taste the desert waking up
I can feel the day begin

Later…
I wept, kneeling on Her ground, asking for forgiveness.
I am sorry, I whispered into the sand – For hurting you.
For cutting your branches and pulling at your weeds.
I am sorry for the landfills and the poison gases.
I am sorry for the drainage and depletion of your waters and your oil and your precious gems and metals.
I am sorry for ripping at your heart and killing your animals.
I am sorry for the ones who came before and the ones who will inevitably come after.
I am sorry for being so blind and nieve and for shutting my eyes when I should have been on the battlefield.
I am sorry for the harshness and the pain.
I am sorry for not being always strong enough to fight for your life.
I am sorry for wasting.
I am sorry for littering.
I am sorry for being unconscious.
I am prepared to take a stand, and make a difference.
With my realization of your every-day miracles, I call upon my innate power to guide me through this labyrinth of life.
Trying not to tred where trodding is not welcome
Cultivating. Contributing. Realizing.
Sustaining. Life. Relationships between
Soul, sky, body, earth, mind, animal, plant
Spirits collect, colliding gracefully for we
all are existing, and it can be harmonious.
For we are beating as one.
As my heartbeat rocks my body, so does the beating of the eagle’s wings,
and the spreading of the grass’s roots and the knocking of the river rocks –
sounding out the symphony of nature.
I am blessed to have ears to hear it.
I am blessed to have yes to see it.
I am blessed to have a body to touch it.
I am blessed to have a mind to take it all in, and let it all go. 

No comments: