Sunday, October 11, 2009

Some Would Say

Some would say, “What the (insert curse word here) am I doing with my life?” I would say, “What the (insert same curse word here) am I NOT doing with my life?” All I’ve ever wanted to do is have an impact on other people’s lives in a positive way. Be a catalyst for constructive change. Yet, given the state that our world is in today, how am I supposed to make a difference? How am I supposed to help anyone when I’m just a 20 something white girl living in middle class America in a town so small it doesn’t even show up as a dot on the map? By what means can I really effect transformation when I can’t even advise myself?

I extend my arms and reach out. I am expansive, open, ready, waiting. Like a dry sponge – apt and tarry to absorb whatever comes its way. I shout towards the sky, “COME GET ME! GIVE ME A SIGN! JUST TELL ME WHAT I’M SUPPOSED TO DO NEXT!” Now, in a quieter voice, my face towards the earth, “These hands are your hands, this body your body, I’ll do whatever needs to be done, just let it me be fulfilled. Bring joy into my life and the lives of those I around me.”

To do great things, both little and big, metaphorically and physically, that’s what I am all about. I have an able, blonde head on my shoulders, all my fingers and toes to write with, a pair of 20/20 eyes to see with, and a mouth to shout, sing and smile with, and a heart with witch to love fully.

Can I conquer the world with weapons of peace, grace, movement, sincerity, truth, love, honesty, and clarity…? With only the sharp edges of my words to cut through fear, aggression, oppression, and ailments…?

Give me these tools and I shall crusade to the ends of the earth, or die trying. With my feet as my music, with love as my flying carpet, with my heart beat sounding out the drums of the ages, with the winds as my scarves for dancing through the stars, I am out of this world, ready to duel to the death, these egos of mankind.

No comments: