Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Remedy

So when everyone, their roommate, and their roommate’s friend, mother and second cousin were in Target this afternoon, I walked in and walked right back out. Feeling slightly claustrophobic and a little overwhelmed, the last thing I needed was some irate driver honking and gesturing at me for “pulling out in front of them.” You know the type – I just happened to be in their way.
The remedy: A hardware store. I owe it to my father who showed me the secret pleasures of electric drills, super cool doorknobs, the biggest screws you’ve ever seen and just about every fix-it gadget imaginable. Thanks Pops, because that was just the ticket to clam my nerves and release that great sense of smell, keen on new tires. Wow, people are so helpful, and not the least bit stressy. I just have to remember that for next time I’m in a mood – go to the hardware store. I’m bound to find something cool that I really don’t need but could fine a use for in seventeen years.

No comments: