Sunday, March 23, 2008

Walk in Buffalo Park

I cry because you and you in this life are so beautiful. Your majesty captivates me.
You humble me with your peaks of greatness and your caverns of depth and under-worldly workings. I am compelled to fall to my knees in the snow and mud, prostrate before you.
Because of your influence.
I rub my dry palms onto the bark of a pine. I burry my nose into the rough creases and breath deep the aroma of green vanilla and tree amber. The scent, lingering like perfume. The sound of joyous frogs reach my ears and makes me smile.
You are so vast. With your rough edges and your tender inside, or is it the other way around?
Am I deluding myself with my enumeration of you?
Your presence consumes me, no matter where I am on this planet. So vast and yet so small, so complex and yet so simple, but you, my beloved, are not.
We humans are blessed to be here. And I am blessed to just sit in awe of you.
How can you have such power over me?
I thought I was exempt from your lovely torment because of my bequest.
How lovely is this gamble we play at.
I cannot escape you, nor do I ever wish to.
You’re ever-present nature enthralls me and I succumb to your love.

No comments: