Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is me

Back in Arizona. Round the world in 180 days. Seems like a lifetime to me. What does the future hold? What is speculation anyway? My passion calls, my heart yearns, my body knows, and my soul complies with all that is happening.

I write for you my dears. I am laying myself in front of you like a welcome mat in front of a red door. I am the arms of your friend, embracing you deep. I am the hot tea at your mothers, warming you from the inside. I am the rain on a hot summer day, cooling the Earth and wetting the dry dirt of the desert. I am the wind in the trees in autumn, shaking the leaves loose. I am the ocean, salty and so sweet. I am you and you are I.

Come all you dreamers, you wishers, you thinkers. Come you prayers, you hopers, you storytellers. Come, lend me your heart, your eyes, and year ears. Let me tell you a story, but before I begin, please remember one thing: I once heard, and still believe, you must never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

No comments: