Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orange to Avignon


Oh Geeze!

So, I haven’t been writing. It’s like this, and a little like that, and well, I just haven’t done it. I’ve either eaten too much cheese, or got high on lavender, or just can’t keep my eyes open to write down what’s really been happening.

My days are filled with the delight of a child not my own. Who has accepted me into her world in a way I never thought was possible. Living in community with close friends is a privilege and a blessing that comes in all forms. Keep in mind that “Ram does everything for the best.” Whatever that means, you meaning making machines. And I don’t want no superficial conversations so let’s get Real and lay our hearts out on the table.

Tart with corgette and goat cheese.
Tabouli salad made with quinoa, corgette, tomato, onion, grated carrot, and a little sel de mere.
Potatoes of the red variety cooked for 30 minutes and then left in the pot with the lid on but the heat off for an hour (because we forgot about them). Serve with butter and sel de mere.
Try mint tea with raw sugar instead of honey.
Ask for help and forgiveness although some people don’t take apologies as anything, they need action.
I like to be listened to.
If I’ve forgotten my manners or how to breathe, I simply have to start someplace, and authentically telling someone I love them is a good place to start.
I love you.

Today we went to Orange and Avignon.
Sur le pont d'Avignon
L'on y danse, l'on y danse
Sur le pont d'Avignon
L'on y danse tous en rond

Walked through the Pope’s room in the old chapel, with blue and gold fresco on the walls. Held my breath. Climbed a tower in the Pope’s chapel this afternoon and felt like Rapunzel, just with shorter hair.

No comments: