Wednesday, January 18, 2012

patience |ˈpā sh əns|nounthe capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset : patience is something one cultivates, it is not inherent... or is it?

As I think about what is important to me in my life, it's not about the number of people who read my blog or comment on my Facebook or send me texts throughout the day (although my ego definitely appreciates it) the thing that gets me out of bed is an overwhelming sensation of gratitude each morning when I open my eyes. I experience the presence of a force that is holding my heart and carrying me along this path of life more strongly than any Earthly metal; it is more compassionate than any Jesus and more radiant than the summer sun. But the troubling weight that slides my hand over to the snooze button (four times) willing the dawn to go away is the I inside myself that is unsure how to repay this extraordinary benediction. For the first time in my life I am in touch with the source of Grace in my life and all I can do is wave tiny lights and burn incense in front of faded pictures and bronze statues.

I ask myself, is this enough?

And the answer that keeps arising is, just trust.

trust |trəst|
noun
1 firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something: students must trust their teachers | radical reliance on the guru is another way to say, “I trust you with my life.”  



No comments: