Thursday, January 19, 2012

Contemplating AIM, and this is what I get


Damp creosote and barbeque chicken.
The evening air is chilly and stars are not as bright here as they are at home in the high desert.
The air is a bit thicker and my breath sticks in my chest.
Pleiades hangs above me and the faint cluster of sisters once again makes their presence known in my life.
No matter which way I turn, I see them, these tiny dancers in the sky…

My heart aches to me near those warm bodies of love.
Can distance really create a deeper bond?
My incessant mind chatters on.
I tilt my chin at the night sky and repeat the name of god softly under my breath.
How easily distracted I am when the number on the houses grasp my attention and twirl it about in repetition of numbers and vowel sounds.
I clench the fist of my right mind, squeezing tight to the lessons I have learned because if not now, when will I ever learn?

A barking dog breaks the silence and I turn my feet to cross the street away from the ruckus.
I get caught up in trepidations of the dark.
Goosebumps prick my skin and I shiver despite my many layers of clothing.  
I train my mind off superficial data becoming acutely aware of my feet in flip flops on a Thursday evening in January.
I’m here to serve—there is no other purpose.

Cultivating strength of body and strength of mind.
The capacity to deal with shitty circumstances and shitty people.
The willingness to keep going when I feel like quitting.
The necessity for commitment and endurance.
Thank you for this, this opportunity to grow. 

No comments: