Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh world, give me a sign

Oh world, take me by the hand
And lead your daughter to her next adventure
Oh world, take my heart into your precious hands
And don’t tell me I’m not good enough
Because I won’t believe it
Not even for an instant
Oh world, cradle this body in your humble embrace
So that I may better know the meaning of a single touch
Oh world, unfold before me the greatness that you have in store
For it is in your secrets
That truth can be told
Oh world, please do not hide your love
It is not fair
Your illusive nature
It is only sane that you should
Call me into being
And ring my name from the
Highest mountaintop
Oh world, don’t go stomping on my dreams
Because it is through your words that I have learned
The importance of connection
Oh world, how could you let him leave?
How could you let him go and not leave a single sign to where, or if
Or what
Or who
            Or why
                        Or how am I supposed to finish this task of being human
This task
I asked, but none was given
Oh world, how come you are so cold
On days when I need you to be the warmest
Oh world, do you know the power you have
Over
This poor soul
Oh world, stop your tricks, and give me something
TANGIBLE
Oh world, I beg of you
One simple favor
An answer in response to my desperate cries for guidance
A sign when I’m straining my eyes
At least a clue that might direct me to
Your benevolence
Not off the edge of that cliff that is looming
Ever nearer
Oh world, how can I repay you for all that I have received
Oh world, don’t go holding out on me,
Not now, not right now
And don’t you go takin’ me for granted either 

No comments: