Friday, November 13, 2009

Midnight or 12 AM

For fear of being too pretentious
I’m going to say, good morning
For fear of sounding like a pompous ass
I’m going to say goodnight
Nothing makes sense anymore
Not words, not stories, not nothing
I don’t know how to say it
Or even what I’m trying to say
Most days I don’t even know what NOT to say
I’m 22 and have made conclusions for the world, out of my delusions
I’m sinking fast
On a raft made of lonely nights and black and white photographs
I’m drowning
In a wine glass half full or is it half empt-…
I’m gulping in a lungful of salty ocean spray
How should I begin to explain myself
What is there left to say
It’s all been said, a dozen times
Grow Up
Take a look around
They’re all singing it
You must BE that change you wish to see in the world
Don’t stop Believing
Put on your Red shoes and Dance
Give up, and give yourself to me
Never!
Just you wait
I’ll conquer you with the brilliance of a sunflower
I’ll take you down while dancing the tango
I’ll nock your socks off when you look into my crystal ball of golden brown leaves, scrunched up like something special
These voices in my head just won’t shut up
Who are they anyway
Not you, not me, not anyone really
Wake up and smell the coffee
A New Dawn’s Coming
And it’s staring you in the face
Run to the Middle of the Morning
And see if you can’t find that pot of Gold

No comments: