Monday, August 3, 2009

Close Encounters of the Poisonous Kind

102º and there’s a scorpion in my bathtub.
Too hot to care, or worry too much.
I put an empty flowerpot over it, and hope to death it dies,

without applied pressure.
How do you kill a hard shell anyway?
A shoe? Something toxic,

perhaps?
How about some really strong
bathroom cleaner? Or hair spray?
Sounds like animal abuse and torture

to me…
But could I really sleep at night knowing that
it’s out there, scuttling

around, and could possibly get back in!?!
It’s my fault, I left the
window open without any screen.

But tomorrow it could appear in my living room.
Or
my

bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....to kill or not to kill.
That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler to....hairspray?
Yeah, that sounds like torture.

Do scorpions hold their breath the way spiders do?

Stay tuned for the next installment.

Love ya, darling!