Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Find a Surface and Dance on it

Sleek, jumbled, crowded, sparse, cluttered, clean, dirty, white, black, glowing, cement, wooden, plastic, sprung, laid, carpet, tile, linoleum, living room, kitchen, bedroom, bed, bathroom, bar, patio, porch, deck, lawn, desert, forest, river side, mountainous, boulders, log, moss, mud, street corner – the possibilities are endless.

People find themselves on that surface for one reason: to move.
Move their bodies, stir their minds, and shake their souls.
Souls in the broadest sense of the word.

On the dance floor I can be anybody I want to be.
I find myself without inhibitions or worries.
I am transported to a timeless time.

I dance for the feeling not the look.
For the joy not the gain.
For simple love of motion.

On the dance floor there are no limits.
I have only the music, the rhythm and my body.
We are all dancers of our own accord.
We are all dancers in the most rhetoric of senses.
We are all dancers, for we find ourselves ON the floor.
Whatever or wherever that surface may be – there we will find joy in the movement or our bodies.

Find a surface and stomp on it with passion and glee.
Glide, spin, twirl.
At the very least wiggle your toes to the beat that come from within.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"At the very least wiggle your toes to the beat that come from within."

Ok, >that< I can do............