Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Kind of Love

when clouds come over and sun fails to shine, what else is there?
when my heart yearns and longs for expansion, where do I go?
there is a story to be told, and we each have a task, and to know, is to listen.
often i feel worthless, often i feel inadequate, often i feel as though if i could only change a single thing about myself, then, I would be able.
shadows start to move behind the flicker of a single candle, a single candle is all it takes to light a dark room.
how lucky we are, you and i, to have come to this work so young.
the worth of being able to sit with ourselves for some time each day, is priceless.
in this body, for this life, i must remember to shine.
that’s why i have you, my friend, to remind me of my worth.
that’s why we surround ourselves with others of a similar caliber, to remind ourselves that we are worth it.
why are the ones i love, always so far away from me?
is this my work in this lifetime, to remember and reach out over a distance?
i held my niece yesterday, she’s 8 months old.
to be in the presence of a child, such innocent love, is a prayer in itself.
to spend time around her filled me with expansive joy.
there’s nothing like the laugh of a child, to bring us to our knees in gratitude.

No comments: