Monday, July 18, 2011

July


All we have is right now
Right here
I listen to the voices

On a Sunday morning
It’s about co-existing
I like to refer to it as Enlightened Duality

Just another day
Another way to live
30 minutes for a lunch break and I head to my car

There’s a man sitting on the curb across from where I’m parked
“Homeless Need Work” his sign reads
On any other day

I’d take my food somewhere else
So I wouldn’t have to share it with his hungry eyes
Changing my environment

The task at hand is to make it work
Not to suffer
Not to indulge

Existing while others live
Living while others exist
Allowing others to exist in my own world

No pity
No regret
Don’t sweat the small stuff

It’s really all small stuff anyway
I sit in my car and eat my lunch
He sits on the curb holding his sign

We do not speak to each other
We do not even look at one another
We don’t need to

All we have is right now

No comments: