Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Venturing into the Unknown

I’ve become Detached,
Now I want to find Devotion

Detachment: objectivity, open-mindedness, neutrality, impartiality; indifference, loosening, disconnection, disengagement, separation; removal.

Removal of emotion from my heart
Separation of material things
Indifference towards death
Open-mindedness when it comes to dealing with others
Loosening my hold on the meaning of life

I have become Detached.

Life: the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death

To change; not by replacing one thing for another, but merely varying the ways of expressing, arranging, doing or being something; entirely transforming.

Transformation: a metamorphosis during the life cycle of an animal.

Cycle: the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth round,
rotation; pattern, rhythm.

Rhythm is the sounds that come from our hearts. The beat to which we dance, the beat to which we let our limbs become akimbo

Akimbo: (of limbs) flung out widely or haphazardly.

When I speak of devotion, I want my arms and legs to be flying wildly.
I want to scream and shout my fidelity from the rooftops.
I want to pledge my allegiance with the fire of knowing love.

Devotion: loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity, constancy, commitment, adherence, allegiance, dedication; fondness, love, admiration, affection, care.

When I speak of devotion, this is what I mean –

To take care of my heart
Affection for the small things
Adherence towards being courageous
Dedication to the ones I love
Consistency in loving unconditionally
Faithfulness when repeating the names of God

No comments: