Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Let's not put screens on any window

Last night I watched the sunset through my open window as I took a shower. The cool evening breeze mixed with the hot steam from the running water was a welcome, easy contrast to my long day. Watching the sky change to orange and purple and yellow I washed my hair invited the scent of shampoo and dusk into my senses.

I put on a loose dress, made dinner, and sat on the back deck, finally accepting that spring was here. The temperature outside was perfect. I felt as though my skin were the air and the air was my skin, there was no barrier.

Practicing guitar by the light of a single candle, I sang to the stars with my out of key voice and strummed along to the crickets with not a particularly good rhythm.

Why can’t everyday be an adventure? Why can’t I make every moment worth sharing? Traveling makes it easy to experience life in a new way. When I don’t have that luxury, I’ll accept the challenge to make every day a new and exciting endeavor. Inviting interesting happenings into my life and accepting mundane experiences as learning tools regardless.

No comments: