Thursday, April 16, 2009

Magic Carpet

When my life seems to be turning upside down, the best remedy is to turn myself upside down.
So, with my yoga mat as my magic carpet for the day, I find myself in a backbend in the middle of my cardboard box, cluttered living room.
With nothing else to right me, I turn myself upside down.
Arms and legs grounded, belly flying high.
But who’s to say there’s a right side up anyway?
Yes, we walk with our feet, but some people walk with their hands.
Hey, some people even walk with their heads, physically and metaphorically.
So when I’m presented with obstacles I think of my life as a video game – all I have to do is conquer the first limitation and I’ll get to the next level.
I am able to jump, leap, turn and bend if the need be.

The only thing obscuring my bendy ability is my mind.
So if I can tell my ego to shove it for a little while, I might get something done!

No comments: